Saturday, September 14, 2013

Super Arepa

Super Arepa Miami
14417 SW 42ns Street
Miami, FL 33175

Point Rating: 7.0/10

Where do I start with Super Arepa. Upon my first visit, I was pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere as compared to the former tenant of that space 'Wine It Down'. I ordered a Super Arepa de carne asada. It took practically no time at all for it to come out the kitchen and WOW. My meal didn't even look like an arepa! I sat there for at least 3 minutes, with a fork, poking my meat and moving things aside on a quest to find the actual arepa. Finally I realized that the arepa was forcefully opened and stuffed with meat to almost a 90° angle! So now for the flavor test. This mess of a meal is delicious. Stuff your face in your choice of chicken, pork or carne asada, with grated cheese and tons of their house sauce. So the real kicker in this arepa and the one thing that makes even bologna enjoyable is the great price. Arepas there are only $4.00 without taxes and such. So this fairytale has to come to an end at some point, right? I mean, why did I give these people only 7out of 10 points here? Let me explain. My first visit here was exceptional; no complaints. However, since then, each of my visits had two reoccurring problems. Their arepas which used to be served on 12" cheap paper plates (double stacked so they wouldn't break), are now being served on 6" cheaper paper plates (single stacked of course). Excuse me Super Arepa, I need space on my plate to make a mess and you're cutting back already?! Their disposable plating was never attractive but their choice to use smaller plates was absolutely appalling. Secondly, since my first visit, there a select number of employees (possibly only one person) who is extremely opposed to giving out cups of water with no charge. I've heard the false excuse of 'Our machines don't have water options' to 'We don't have cups. You need to purchase a beverage.'. If this company wants to stay afloat they need to remember that customer courtesy comes first. Even the over-priced coffee makers across th street (starb****) will gladly offer water, with ice, at no charge. So as you can see there are mixed feelings about this Venezuelan family owned business. I hope they stay around a while, but honestly it's going to come down to their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment