Saturday, November 19, 2011

100 Montaditos Restaurant

100 Montaditos

3253 Buena Vista Avenue, Suite 104
Miami, FL 33137

Point Rating: 9.0/10

I've been to a good amount of food joints in my life time. I have had the pleasure of dining on the floor, eating with my hands, chopsticks, grilling and frying my own food at some locations and even catching my own fish to have served to me. All these styles of a dining experience make your meal entertaining and enjoyable as compared to fast food and sometimes home cooking. 100 Montaditos is one of those restaurants that you tell your friends about when everyone is broke, on a budget, and looking for a good time. And the best part is there are TWO locations in Miami! What is so amazing about this place is the variety of flavors they have to offer, all on their little, tasty, bread rolls that range from salmon and cream cheese, to pulled pork and chipotle to hummus with olives. You'll have fun in this restaurant picking and sharing food with whoever you go with and leave with your hunger TERMINATED! When I visited the location in Midtown, the restaurant was packed. It was so tight, i had to plot a route on the floor to how I would maneuver to the register to place an order. I'd then have to wait to find a table to open up. Can you imagine how aggressive people get over a table to sit down at? The menu is your manual to organizing your restaurant experience into one of the two following goals; "stuff my face till my belt buckle breaks" or a "try every flavor I can even f the mystery meat is throbbing". Either  way the best part is that each montadito ranges from $1.00-$3.00 and can fill you up after being only $7.00 into your meal. I ordered the salmon and cheese, grilled chicken with chipotle, goat cheese and sun-dried tomato pesto, duck mousse with olives, hummus with eggplant, and a cookies and cream to finish off. All these montaditos are PACKED with flavor, it just depends on your tolerance with certain flavors to decide what you order. I personally enjoyed the salmon and cheese and goat cheese with pesto montadito most, and both were made fresh and served with chips to much on as well. So if you want a change of pace and your wallet is as empty as mine, go to 100 Montaditos at either Midtown or Miami Beach, find your way through the crowd and get yourself a couple of bread rolls and see what the hype is all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment